赖世雄旅游观光英语通教你学会观光旅游的各种对话、句子。
The Morning After
隔天早上
Evan wakes up to find Kathy concerned about him.
艾凡醒来发现凯西正替他担心。
K:Evan, wake up. I've already asked Mrs. Lindquist here at the hostel for a
good doctor. Hes just a few blocks away. Come with me. Hes open already, and
were going to see him.
凯西:艾凡,醒醒。我已经问过这家旅社的林德奎斯特太太请她推荐一个好医生。他就住在几个街区外的地方。我带你去。他已经开始看病了,我们这就去找他看病。
E:Huh How do you know how I feel
艾凡:呃你怎么知道我舒不舒服呢
K:Are you kidding I didn't sleep a wink last night.
凯西:你在开玩笑我昨晚一夜都没瞌过眼。
E:Why not
艾凡:为什么呢
K:Between your moaning and snoring, you kept me up all night.
凯西:整晚你一会儿呻吟一会儿打呼,使我一直睡不着。
E:Gee, I'm sorry.
艾凡:哦,我很抱歉。
K:Don't worry about it. Get dressed. Do you want to have breakfast
凯西:不用担心。把衣服穿好。你想吃早餐吗
E:No, I'm still not hungry.
艾凡:不,我仍然不饿。
K:Thats what I figured. You look awful.
凯西:我就知道。你看起来真糟。
E:Gee, thanks!
艾凡:嗯,谢谢你了!
K:Oh, sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I just meant you really do look sick.
凯西:喔,对不起。我不是那个意思。我的意思是说你真的一脸病容。
E:I know, I know. OK. Let me put my clothes on. I have to use the bathroom.
艾凡:我知道,我知道。好吧,让我穿好衣服。我必须用一下浴室。
K:I've already had breakfast and cleaned up. It's all yours.
凯西:我已经吃完早餐也漱洗完毕。浴室任你使用。
E:Fine. I'll be out in a minute; then we can go see the doctor.
艾凡:好。我马上就出来,然后我们可以去看那位医生。
单词短语精讲:
1. wink 眨眼&vi.使眼神,递眼色(与介词at并用)
not sleep。wink没有合过眼(睡觉)
wink at sb向某人递眼色/眨眼睛
例:Because of my neighbors dog banking,I didn't sleep a wink all night.
(因为邻居的狗一直吠叫,我整晚都没合过眼。)
James winked at the pretty- girl as she passed by;she ignored him.
(詹姆士对着那位漂亮的女孩子眨眼睛,但她不理他。)
2. moan 呻吟
3.snore 打呼
4.keep sb up all night 使某人整晚睡不着
5 . That s what I figured.我就知道。
例:A:It looks like A1 isnt coming to work today.
B:Thats what I figured. He went out drinking with his },als last night.
(甲:看起来艾尔今天不会来上班厂。)
(乙:我就知道。他昨晚和他的哥们出去喝洒厂。)
[来源: _t_i_n_g_c_l_a_s_s]